Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Letter #4 From Whit!

Hola mi familia y amigos! Como estan? Estoy muy bien aqui en la MTC! Hemos aprendido muchas cosas este semana! Ha estaba muy loco!
I cannot believe we have been here for 4 weeks already! It really is flying by! The days are so long because we do so much in a day but weeks fly by like its nothing. Im so jealous of you all in Disneyland but looks like you are all having a good time! It's wierd that Olivia looks so different to me already!? Wow . Um yeah and I've been telling my district that the Elders remind me of my crazy bro Pat and then I just showed my companera that pic . She laughed. Its funny for here because she has no brothers so she died one night when I came back from the bathroom and I was like ... don't go in there  I just tore it up... she just kept saying, I cant believe you just said that ha ha. 
Today we went to the temple and I loved it! And the food there is muy bueno.... like I really think it came from heaven. I decided on vacations I want to stop there for breakfast ha ha. Not that I'll be having any vacations anytime soon!  Last night another pipe broke in our residence hall so at 12:00 last night we heard the fire alarm going off and we had to move to the gym for about 45 minutes and  then we had to get up at 5:30 this morning to walk in the cold to the temple. Its so beautiful in Provo! So much snow! Most days haven't been much over 15 degrees I think. FREEZING! Hopefully no more broken pipes though.
Oh this week we went to chior practice, which I'm sure is more like 600 to 700 missionaries. WAY larger than the mo tab chior. Its so spiritual to sing with that many people! Music is so wonderful here.
One of the highlights of every week for us is in TRC. It's like visiting teaching or home teaching and we go teach a volunteer that has come in to listen to us compartir un mensaje en espanol. Yesterday we had a Chilean lady who spoke really fast with a really different accent , but the spirit still can be conveyed in our hearts and not in the words. Its wonderful. Teaching is getting a little better for us but we still have a lot to learn and have difficult days still yet in my studies I find so much comfort in the scriptures and in the words of the Prophets. I know Heavenly Father knows me personally because I have had wonderful moments of personal revalation in my times of need. My favorite hymn is espanol is Nesecito a Ti which is I Need Thee Every Hour in ingles but they dont quite have the same words or means so its been fun to learn the himnos.
Jenny, Gracias por su carta. Yo entiendo todo de su espanol! Im going to try to writed back today but I dont have much tiempo.
Jaimie, thanks for your card . I seriously love hearing from the fam!
Jaci, tell par par lu you babe, and that I miss cutting his hair :'(
Angie and Grandma, Thanks for your letters! I hope work gets better for you and Ang Im excited for your trip. I will try to write back soon :)
Okay Olivia, thanks for your letter and I will be taking pics with Gumbie and Pokie soon even though I don't understand why Gumbie and Pokie??
Ok so spiritual challenge for you all this week...
We have really learned the importance of turning to the scriptures , especially The Book of Mormon for guidance. Read 2 Nephi 4:15. How can the Book of Mormon be for our instructions and benefit if we dont turn to is regularly? We recieve revalation when we turn to the BOM with our questions in mind, searching for the answers. Also there is much importance in writing down our personal revealation we have recieved. It shows Heavenly Father that we treasure the things He has taught us  and we have e those things there for us in times when we need to remember them.
Read your scriptures!
Love you all so much!
Yo se que la MTC es un casa de Dios tambien y Dios ayuda nos mucho en nuestra obra de misionera. Mi testimoni ha crecido mucho en este mucho tiempo pequeno. Yo se que Jose Smith fue un Profeta de Dios y el tradujo el Libro de Mormon
Les Amo! Love HNA SANDERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment