Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Letter #5 From Whitney!



Wow so much to tell you all as always but not too much time so I will try. Today is PDAY! YAY! We had our heavenly meal at the temple again and I love Provo... otra vez. This week has been so crazy and wonderful at the same time. This week Jeffery R. Holland came and spoke to us and dedicated 3 renovated buildings hear in the MTC. I was singing in the chior again and we sang Precious Savior, Dear Redeemer by H.R. Palmer and Brett Stewart... look it up, and I had this huge overwhelming confirmation that he is an Apostle of our Savior Jesus Christ. Wow... chills. His talk was powerful and motivating. I continued to tell us that we are in the most exciting time of missionary work. There are so many of us here now and it is so crazy. He told us that the Lord is hastening his work. He stressed the importance of our obedience and that our mission doesn't end when we go home but that we should continue to live the way we are now so that we can continued to qualify ourselves for the Spirit we have now. He said, "this is Real Life, capital R and capital L" they don't want us to go home and change but to have this be a forever life changing experience. His testimony on his mission is so powerful. After the talks he gave the dedicatory prayer which was then really powerful as he before spoke about the missionaries that the buildings were named after. Please look them up too; Addison Pratt, Dan Jones, and Matthew Caley. That was a beautiful experience. We are also supposed to have someone special coming tonight too.

 

I love the MTC chior and the director. Tonight we will be singing a beautiful verson of "Lead Kindly Light". As we start practicing these songs the director likes to give us a background of the song to help us feel it. To be honest I didn't understand this song before. The Author of the words was a missionary of another faith before the church was restored. He felt he had a mission to do and new he could accomplish great things, but got so sick that he could hardly move. The songs speaks of how through his sickness he realized he was looking for his glory and for something he had planned but then he says " One step enough for me...." he decided to let the Lord choose his path and he just wanted to be able to do every little part the Lord wanted him to. I love this song! Read the words!

 

So this week we did a district scripture study and we read in Helaman 5:6 and one of the Elders pointed out something that struck me to be so true. It talks about why Nephi and Lehi were given their names. Then he related it to us and our nametags. It doesn't have my firstname and it has Jesus Christ's name on it. I'm not serving for me but for my family and ancestors and for my Savior Jesus Christ. This has been so motivating to me this week. I want you all to know I love you so very much and that this work is SO hard but I love it.

 

Yo se que este Iglesia es la Iglesia que Jesucristo restuaro por medio de Jose Smith. Yo se que Padre Celestial y Jesucristo viven. Ellos quiere no ser feliz y tener la vida eterno.

 

Te Amo mucho!

Love Hermana Sanders


No comments:

Post a Comment