Monday, September 16, 2013

Letter 9-16-13

I hope everyone is happy and well and that you are all healthy and doing some missionary work! Well this week has been crazy like every other week in missionary work I love it! We have been going through some changes in our companionship and I am no longer in a trio which has been wierd but Hermana Hanson and I are still together. I have been learning lots this week and seeing some cool miracles. This week we had a lesson with the father of one of our investigators that has a baptismal date and he invited us to a "Bible Study" Which was really interesting. He showed us some scriptures about how the Bible shows that God give us the laws and commandments to trick us and make us have to sin. But as we were teaching I felt the need to bear testimony instead of show many scriptures that were contrary. I felt my testimony so strong and have been feeling so grateful for the opportunity to have shared my testimony with him. We will see how everything goes with him . He was very friendly and invited us back and also told us that his daughter has permission to get baptized. We are currently working with alot of investigators that are progressing but it is very sad to see how Satan always tries to put stumbling blocks in their way, but it always helps me know that what we are doing is really worth fighting for. Thank you to all who sent me my package! I can´t tell you how heavenly peanutbutter and chocolate taste to me! I love the food here but there are always a few things I miss from home. I will fill you guys in about my penionista. Her name is Mami Yovani and she is a really good cook! She makes really yummy meals. Lunch is always the biggest meal here but we always have bread and Ecco( a barley drink) for breakfast and then some type of yummy huge meal for lunch with a huge scoop of rice. Dinners are smaller with maybe sweet bread and Ecco. The food is so good and Mami always does special things for us. Her family is so sweet too. And do you know what? She irons our bedsheets! I never knew I would be so spoiled and boy was I ever wrong about losing weight here. Everyone we visit always wants to feed us. The thing that really impacted me this week was when a Member in my ward was taking to me and I told him that I needed to get a new bag because by backpack is falling apart and we told him that we have certain requirements that we have to get new ones too. He was wearing a nice bag and I asked him where he got it and he started emptying it out and was giving it to me. I really almost started crying. That is how humble and wonderful the people are here. Even when they dont have much they just give everything they have. That was a lifechanging experience for me. I love Peru and the beautiful people here. They are so great. I hope one day you all have the priviledge to get to know this beautiful country full of beautiful people. I am going to try to send pics of what we did for Pday. We went to the museum of the king of Sipan. Really cool ancient ruins that sparked my old dreams of being an Archeologist. I love you all hope my Heavenly Father continues to bless you all! Con mucho amor, Hermana Sanders

No comments:

Post a Comment